Atorian Fansite

Forum / Off Topic / Atorian Fansite - Pages: 1 2
AuthorThread
Bigfoot
Advanced Poster

Date: 11/2/2008 at 7:17

Nothing wrong with Fortran lol, used it at university, well it was fortran90 though. and im not old :)

krilane
Novice

Date: 11/2/2008 at 7:18

"No one uses basic anymore"??

Microsoft still likes to include visual basic options in .net.

No one has mentioned perl (cringes!) asp, or C# - my personal favourite for websites is xml / xsl, but thats just me.

As for the common command exist in all available languages.

Is it the 'Hello World' function ?

8^)

Kelmenjar
Expert Poster

Date: 11/2/2008 at 16:09

Okay - so I gots a few gray hairs ;)

HellSing
Advanced Poster
(Moderator)

Date: 11/2/2008 at 16:47

hehe.. fortran.. i think i still manage to hide some of my gray hairs. heheh.. ;)..

krilane, 'Hello World' is not a function.. it is a string.. :).. and the best answer for my question should be... if, then, else... ;)..

if i would to write any application, i would prefer to use pascal based language or the OOP version delphi or kylix.. much more friendlier than basic or visual basic.. hehehe.. and even easier to distribute.. heheh... do you realize that, .net concept have already exist even before microsoft proudly annouced them... hehehhe.. ;)..

krilane
Novice

Date: 11/2/2008 at 17:57

Hellsing,

The 'Hello World' reference was a joke !!

I'm a developer, the only core languages that people in my industry use to develop new apps with are Java and C#, though there is a always a call for c++ for some of the trading platforms.

Pascal and Delphi ??? does anyone still use them? C# is a good oop language, and there loads of add ons you can download, so essentially it is the fastest way to develop, to some companies that matters more than robustness and speed.

Not that I care, I'm just here for the money!!!

Krilane

C'mon - get the game back online!!!

timeracers
Novice

Date: 11/2/2008 at 19:36

see what kelmenjar means lol

Kelmenjar
Expert Poster

Date: 13/2/2008 at 9:28

Exactly. And btw comparing visual basic to BASIC is like comparing an F18 Hornet to a Sopwith Camel - both are planes but . . .

Pages: 1 2
Login to the Forum

To reply to this thread please login to the Atorian Forum:

If you do not have a forum account click here.

Forum Username:
Password:

By logging into the Atorian Community Forum you are agreeing to abide by the Forum Rules and agreeing to the Privacy Policy. To view the Privacy Policy and forum rules click here.